THE EVENT INFLUENCER
C O L L E C T I V E
For rockstar women who want to go from event idea to customized
event plan in 90 days!
Successfully plan, sell and host your customized live event so that you
create connection and further your impact in the world (with ease & joy!)
If you are an Entrepreneur, Thought Leader, Author, Coach, or Creative Visionary, you already know that live events are the best way to deepen engagement with your community and serve in a bigger way.
Yet, even though you’ve probably downloaded every event checklist out there, you’re still thinking…
I don’t know where to start.
I don’t know what it should cost.
I don’t know how to get people there.
Or, maybe you’ve attended events and based your event vision on what you’ve seen done by others. But your event got less than stellar results and you felt frustrated.
It’s totally normal to feel overwhelmed about live events.
But what if I told you planning and hosting your conference, retreat, workshop or mastermind could be fun (and a super smart business decision)?
You CAN plan, sell & host your event from start to finish.
You CAN easily avoid costly event mistakes.
You CAN create an event that new and existing clients will be excited to attend.
You CAN have a profitable event.
At the moment, we're in the middle of a Collective session and aren't taking on any new participants, but keep reading if you want to know more, and I'm always happy to set up a consultation call with you!
Just want the overview?
Click the arrow below to read about the outline for the program and what's included.
Schedule a call with me
I'd love to meet you face-to-face! Follow the button below to find a time that works for you.
Excited about the program? Click the button below to be the first to know new information.
If you're interested in learning all the details, just keep scrolling!
The truth is, most live events fail to get attendees, create connection, or make a profit because of mistakes in 4 main areas…
#1: FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT WORKS
#2: OVERWHELM & BURNOUT
#3: LACK OF CLARITY AROUND EVENT GOALS
#4: UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS & BAD BUDGETING
Events do not have to take a lot of time or money to be wildly successful, but they do have to be thoughtful and strategic.
And let me let you in on a little secret (most event experts won’t tell you this)…
Events are most magical when there are 150 attendees or less.
You don’t have to put on a huge glitzy show.
You don’t have to get a ton of people to attend.
Smaller events create more authentic connection.
Elizabeth’s Roadmap shifted the approach I was taking to an event that was already underway and highlighted areas where I was investing unnecessary time and resources. I had approached budgeting backwards as well, setting my price point before I knew the real cost of the event, and she was able to help me recalibrate to ultimately host a profitable and successful event.
~ Kevin E. ~
Business & Personal Coach
- Creating a tangible vision for how to make your event the best expression of your unique mission and brand so that it brings you fulfillment AND benefits your business,
- Having clarity and simplicity during the event visioning, budgeting and planning process,
- Feeling confident that you’ve dotted all the i’s and crossed all the t’s so that the chances of important details falling through are zero to none,
- Experiencing ease and joy while selling your event,
- Leading an event where you are in awe of the deep connection your community experiences, the ah-has they take away and the amount of fun you had facilitating!
This is absolutely possible for you!
I’m Elizabeth Shaw, Event Strategist & Experience Maker.
I spent over 20 years in the event planning industry, working for every type of organization on the spectrum - Fortune 500 companies, solopreneurs, non profit organizations, conferences and associations. I’ve done every type of event and tackled every type of event challenge. Venue floods or catches on fire? Yep, done that. Medical emergency? I have well-practiced standard operating procedures for that too. No one shows up to the event? Been there too. Caterer is a no show? I’m a great creative trouble-shooter. Cirque performers and fire acts, emotional breakthroughs, millions of dollars raised? Check, check, check.
Through these experiences I’ve learned what is the same through every single event - the basic details, frameworks, logistics, tools, contracts, and savvy that you need to navigate every event aspect from an event that is 2 people to an event that is 2,000. I know what makes an AMAZING event and what makes an event a dud.
Then, a few years ago, I started hosting my own events. And my first solo events were absolute duds. What went wrong??? I had all this experience hosting events for others, I knew EVERYTHING to do, and yet it still didn’t come together.
That is when I learned that planning events for your own unique brand, your business, is much more personal than planning events for others. There are challenges you face as the business owner and event host that other people never experience in events. In so many ways, an event for a personal brand or entrepreneurial company is a mini business or a separate product unto itself, and it needs to be treated as such - with its own launch plan, a unique marketing vision, and lots of TLC.
Since those first events of mine that were duds, I’ve written a book about optimism (yes, optimism & events go very hand-in-hand!) and I transitioned to hosting my own events on optimism. And they’ve been AWESOME! I was able to take ALL the background - working for other companies and working for myself - and understand the magic that is events for a personal brand.
In doing so, I’ve expanded in supporting the awesome entrepreneurs, thought leaders, creative visionaries, and personal brands that I work with to create stellar events - conferences, retreats, workshops, and masterminds. And I’m bringing that unique magic by teaching others.
That’s why I created…
We approached Elizabeth about a live event for 100 people and she immediately made the process feel manageable and very clear. We had plenty of experience creating and launching digital courses but live events were completely new to us. Her calm and positive demeanor was exactly what we needed when nerves would arise about offering something new like this to our clients. She empowers you to understand how these events work and how you can craft them to be exactly what you envision without getting in over your head. She also provides budgeting tools that help you mitigate financial risk and this definitely saved us money.
~ Desiree Zeidan ~
Marketing Manager, Dreama Tolle Perry Art
THE EVENT INFLUENCER
C O L L E C T I V E
For rockstar women who want to go from event idea to customized
event plan in 90 days!
This isn’t just a training program on how to produce an event; it's an intimate community of support and high-touch mentorship with everything you need broken down step-by-step to create, sell and host a successful live event that meets your unique needs. (and prioritizes ease & joy!)
When people think of planning an event, often their mind goes to all the logistics of planning that event, the details they need to confirm, the focus being only on the event itself.
And this is what other courses will often teach - the steps you need for each event day and all the logistics.
But having a successful event is much more encompassing.
It’s about the entire event package. You have to start with a solid event foundation knowing why you’re doing an event, who you want to attend, and what they want out of the event.
You need to:
- Understand budgeting smartly so you meet your revenue goals and don’t lose money,
- Understand the risks involved with many of the planning decisions,
- Make wise choices that honor and support the business you’ve created,
- Know how to communicate about your event and with your attendees
- Create a marketing plan so you can sell your event
- Understand the event demands so you can take care of yourself during the event,
- Know what to do after the event so that you wrap up gracefully and ensure your events get better and better.
***Seats are limited!***
To help support our group's goal of deeper connection and collaboration, it is limited to a maximum of ten people!
The Event Influencer Collective covers this, and more!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
TOPIC 1: YOUR EVENT FOUNDATION
Learn the most important pieces to put into place for your event, that will impact every single decision moving forward. (and potentially be the difference between a fulfilling, successful event or one that flops!) Most programs skip this important topic, but not us! You will save time, money and confusion during the planning process by determining your event “why,” ideal client/attendee and other foundational details.
TOPIC 2: BUILD YOUR EVENT FRAMEWORK
Answer important questions such as “When should I host my event? Where should I have it? What location? How long should the event be?” You’ll learn how to determine these details so they are aligned with your event “why,” goals and ideal client/attendee, setting yourself up for an event that your community can’t wait to sign-up for and you can’t wait to lead!
TOPIC 3: CREATE YOUR EVENT BUDGET
We know…this is the last thing you want to do! But setting up an event budget ensures your event will be a financial success (and we make it easy every step of the way!) With our tried-and-true templates, you will confidently determine how much you need to charge for your event to make the revenue you desire, what un-expected expenses may occur so that you can be prepared and how to shave off hundreds to thousands of unnecessary expenses that are commonly overlooked.
TOPIC 4: PLAN YOUR EVENT
Here’s where we get into the nitty gritty event logistics! You’ll learn how to hire and work with event vendors, so you know what will best support your budget and goals and your vendors will support your event vision (instead of becoming a pain in the tush). We will also cover all the bases when it comes to determining your event program, materials and content, so that the flow and teachings create meaningful connection and transformation for your attendees.
TOPIC 5: MARKET & SELL YOUR EVENT
We know you are a pro at offering your services but you might feel hesitant about offering an event! So, we’ll make sure that you have everything you need when it comes to spreading the word about your event and selling tickets (there are a few key things that differ from usual sales strategies). From creating your marketing plan, to how to pre-sell tickets so that you garner interest before investing in the event, and even how to promote on social media. We’ve got you covered!
TOPIC 6: EXECUTE YOUR EVENT
We don’t just teach you how to plan your event, but how to actually host it, so that you can rest assured that you have a plan of action (not just a plan full of details). You will learn our secrets for creating the ideal “feel” of your event so that your guests feel comfortable and welcomed. We’ll cover how to manage attendees’ expectations (so that you can avoid unnecessary questions or complaints) as well as your own experience (ensuring you are fully supported and can lead the event with ease and joy). And, you will learn exactly what roles and communication is needed, so that you have a staff that can operate without you (even when troubleshooting those pesky, yet common, event hiccups!)
TOPIC 7: POST-EVENT
One of the worst things you can do is finish your event without following through on important tasks to wrap up! We’ll make sure you are prepared with the best ways to debrief your event and interpret the information to ensure your future events get better and better. You’ll know how to follow-up with attendees and vendors so that they become your biggest fans. And lastly, we’ll guide you in determining your best next steps towards your next event!
Here's what's included:
(12) Live masterclasses which focus on 1 step of the key event strategy; 1 per week
(12) Live group Q&A / Coaching Calls to learn from the experiences of others; 1 per week
(3) 60-minute private coaching sessions about your specific event to be used within 3 months
Full Access to The Event Influencer Guidebook
Access to The Event Influencer Resource Vault with additional resources corresponding to each masterclass such as customizable Programming Templates, Budget Templates, Timeline Templates
The Event Influencer Workbook for developing your Master Event Plan
A private Facebook group to connect with the mastermind as long as Facebook groups exist
Ongoing support from the EI Team through the Facebook group for 6 months
The option to attend The Event Influencer Wine Country Retreat
It’s rare to find someone who is an inspiring speaker and a gifted facilitator. And when that person is also THE messenger for how to live, work and create from a place of optimism, that person can be none other than Elizabeth Shaw. Elizabeth knows how to ask just the right questions, guide you toward more meaning and fulfillment, and she really sees you. She illuminates opportunities where others only spot obstacles, and she champions you (even when, especially when, you have forgotten how to champion yourself). Elizabeth is a treasure – and everyone who has the opportunity to work with her should!
~ Alexia Vernon ~
Author of Step into Your Moxie
I know what you might be thinking…
“I don’t have time for another program.”
I know we’re all pressed for time. But rest assured, this isn’t a program where you’ll have loads of homework each week or a crazy long to-do list. In less than 4 hours a week we can create your master event plan. It’s also not a generic plan. We’re making it specific to you, to your business, to your needs. Which is why we’re keeping The Event Influencer Collective a small group. So there is time to focus on you and your unique event.
“If I commit to hosting a live event, it will cost me too much money.”
Event mistakes can be COSTLY. I don’t say this to scare you, but it is a reality. I’ve seen far too many entrepreneurs make event decisions based on optimism solely, and it cost them upwards of $10,000. EEK. And then I see other entrepreneurs that just want to hire someone to run everything, but event planners commonly charge $20,000-$50,000 for planning an event (and that’s just the logistics, not even the marketing, budgeting, and integrating with your business). That might be fine if your event is going to bring in $200,000… but if you’re hoping for $20,000, hiring a full service planner could blow your budget completely. For a fraction of those costs I take you through the entire process and how to avoid costly event mistakes, how to handle an event within your whole team so it can be profitable (and scalable!) for you.
I've planned events for years, and received raving reviews. But I knew that I was capable of more. With Elizabeth's guidance and the support of my Collective group, I was able to identify the areas where I could improve myself or bring in others to enhance my events, and have brought my events to even greater heights of suspense and excitement.
~ Nancy Drew ~
CEO, Deadly Fun Murder Mystery Parties
*Yes, we know that Nancy Drew is fictional, but we really wish we could get a review from her - or just meet her.*
Still not sure if you’ll benefit from
The Event Influencer Collective?
This program is for you if you…
- Want to plan an event with ease and joy. YAY! Events do not have to be stressful. They do not have to be overwhelming. Note: I’m not promising it will be easy, but we can make it easeful and joyful.
- Believe that a live event will help you expand your impact in the world. YES IT WILL! We’ll dive into all of the reasons to do an event, how it aligns with your business mission, and how to make strategic decisions that help you make more impact in the world.
- Have an established business model and community/client base that is clear and working well for you. CONGRATS! It’s such a great feeling to know that “you’ve got this”, whatever that means for your business. It’s that solid foundation that makes the process of planning an event with me so successful, because you have a reference point and foundation for a lot of the work already - now we’ll just be channeling it into your awesome event!
- Are willing to do the work. NICE! The great thing is, the work will be manageable… think 3-4 hours a week. Many people say that planning an event can be a full time job, which it can, but that’s driven by not having a clear process, not knowing what to do next, not having a clear purpose and mission, and spinning in circles or going down wrong paths. Here, you’ll have a clear purpose and mission for your event, I’ll mentor you through a clear process and what to do next, and we’ll work together to ensure that you don’t spin in circles or go down the wrong path. The result - an awesome event that can be planned in 10% of the time.
- Want to be coached and supported through some tough choices and tricky situations. AWESOME! As with anytime we try to do something new, events will bring you face to face with some less than fun things. You may have to make tough decisions about what is possible, what is realistic, what risks you’re willing to take, what your non-negotiables are, and how you’re willing to show up in planning your event and at your event. I will be your biggest cheerleader, your mentor, and your teacher in the process. I’ll help you work through some of these challenges, make decisions that are wise for you and your business, and find creative solutions to the points where you get stuck.
This program is NOT for you if you…
- Are looking for quantity over quality. I believe smaller, higher quality events are better than mega impersonal events. I believe in having less attendees if they are the absolute right attendees, than filling the room with just anyone.
- Want a cookie-cutter event or event plan. I’m all about making your event personal to your brand, strategic to your mission, and a reflection of YOU! It means taking time to dive into what makes you tick, what is important to your business and your mission, and how to translate that into an event. I won’t be telling you how to do the exact same event that everyone else does.
- Are looking for an event just to make money. I love money as much as the next person, but I don’t approach events solely as moneymakers. To me events are a strategic part of your business plan, an opportunity to increase your visibility and thought leadership, an occasion to develop deeper relationships with your community, and grow your business in new ways. Finances are part of that, but it’s not what drives my style of planning.
- Aren't willing to simplify. Events have the potential to become a life of their own, and other leaders in my industry use that as a fear technique for why you should buy from them - because there is so much to do and so much overwhelm that you need their 500 point plan and to do list to accomplish a successful event. That’s not my style. I live by the rule of 3s, breaking everything down into 3 manageable steps, 3 priorities, 3 tools, etc. I’m about simplifying the event process, not complicating it or overwhelming you.
- Are just starting your business. If you are, congratulations!! Being in business for yourself is awesome! Having been there myself, I know that there are so many things that require your time and attention when you’re just starting out, and I’d rather you put your time and energy there. Also, this mastermind is focused on entrepreneurs that have been in business for a while and have an existing client base. That is part of the foundation that makes it possible for us to accomplish this event work in only a few hours each week.
Do you see yourself hosting a live event to create deeper connection with your community and support your business goals?
Awesome, schedule a call with me today!
Or click here to join our waiting list and be the first to know information about new Collective opportunities.
We are confident that in the first two weeks of the mastermind, we'll make great strides toward your goals, and show you how to save time and money in planning your event, while making it a process of ease and joy. That being said, we are committed to the value of this program, so if you aren’t completely satisfied 14 days into the program, your investment will be fully refunded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I receive 1:1 mentorship?
How do I know this is right for me?
When does the program start?
Who is this program for?
How many spots are available in the group?
How is this program delivered?
Do I have time to do this?
What makes this program different?
What if I've never produced an event before?
Now the decision is yours!
Registration is currently closed, as we're in the middle of a Collective session, but you can always schedule a call with me to explore if this program might be the right fit for you in the future.
Can’t find a time that works for you on the calendar?
Email us at [email protected] and we’ll find a time that works for you!
Or click here to join our mailing list.
I believe in possibility. And I believe in your possibility! I love taking a dream, a vision, and turning it into a reality.
And yet so often I hear amazing rockstar business women like you saying “I want to host an event, but I can’t. There’s too much to do. It’s too scary. What if I lose money? What if no one shows up? What if I fail?” And it breaks my heart. Because I can see your possibility, and the possibility that an AMAZING event would create for you and for your community. The ways you can further your impact in the world.
And I believe that events can be done with ease and joy. They can be simple. They can be wildly successful. And I want to show you how.
My mission in life is to create a more optimistic world. And one of the ways I do that is helping rockstar women to bring their missions to life through live events. Because I believe that your mission makes a difference in the world, it makes the world a better place, and it ultimately makes for a more optimistic world.
I believe in you and the power of your event and your mission!
I look forward to speaking with you more about The Event Influencer Collective soon.